Saturday, July 4, 2009

traditional Malay

raised in the big city of kuala lumpur and the fact that i dont have any hometown/kampung, as mine is all at kuala lumpur:) make me not knowing much about my own tradition roots.. and the fact im mix also contribute me for not really knowing...

but this is malay male traditional attire!
the "Baju Melayu-cekak musang"


the one im holding is our very own unique, woven cloth with gold or silver thread.in my opinion,.its one of the most amazing piece that ever created.. i love mine...

p/s: this is just effort to showcase malaysian traditional stuff, not to promote myself:)

f-lover, later

2 comments:

RJ said...

COOL!
How much do one of these go for? I love them. Would it be wrong if I wore one as a scarf?

ash.N.fuz said...

so cool...
it cost arroun 20 usd - 100usd it depends on the quality, design...and the thread used, it can be real silver or gold thread...
ahhahah not at all, malay woaman wore it as a scarf, bu that one is made of smother material..
come to malaysia!waaaaaaa its called songket

DISCLAIMER

all images used are mostly captured by me or found on the web and believed to be in the public domain. if any images that appear are in violation of copyright law, please forward proof and we will remove them asap.